Friday, May 04, 2007

Let's Think About This For A Moment. . .

Item #1: Spotted on the back of a pickup in Port Orchard approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago: One yellow sticker attached to rear window, with the following text: "Official Terrorist Hunting Permit/Serial #91101/No Bag Limit."

Four inches below said bumper sticker was another one: a bright, shiny, silver fish with the name "Jesus" inside.

Item #2: On Monday as I drove into Tacoma, a small green sports car with 3-4 younger people inside passed me by in the carpool lane, driving somewhere in the 90-100 mph range. As they got ahead of me they weaved in and out of traffic in order to maintain their extremely high rate of speed. Clearly visible on their back bumper was a bright, shiny "Jesus" fish.

Item #3: Early this morning as I made my way across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge on my way to the Pierce County Prayer Breakfast, a silver Jeep Wrangler (Rubicon Edition) rode approximately 2 inches off my bumper, headlights brightly reflecting in my mirror. All along Highway 16 through Tacoma he remained approximately 2 inches off my bumper. As soon as the carpool lane ended and opened to all traffic, he shot into that lane and blew away at a high rate of speed.

No Jesus fish on this one. But 3 hours later, as I left the prayer breakfast and headed back to my car, I spotted the exact same Jeep in the parking lot, with the exact same driver inside. I guess tailgating is justified if you are A Really Important Person on your way to Really Important Prayer Meetings.

I was going to write a witty conclusion here, but I think you're all smart enough to get the point, right? So let me just say this:

If you're going to claim to be a follower of Christ, THEN DON"T ACT LIKE A BLOOMIN' IDIOT when you're out in public. Your actions speak much louder than your little bumper sticker.

1 comment:

La said...

I don't have a Jesus bumper sticker, because i SUCK at driving.