Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Random 10

We start when I was back in college with #1 - I remember my friend Eric Holt playing this one from his "housing unit" as I walked by. The brass is exceptional, and he, being a trombonist, knew that I, a trumpeter, would appreciate it. #7 goes back to college as well - I played the lead trumpet in Azusa Pacific's Classical concert featuring this work as well as the Vivaldi Gloria. The Rutter Gloria is perhaps the toughest trumpet work I've ever played. #2 has some nice piccolo trumpet work as well.
#9 is in honor of Vince MP and the rest of Lakebay's worship team. They'll know why.

  1. You Didn’t Know Me When – Harry Connick Jr.
  2. Con Voce Festiva (Allesandro Scarlatti) – Kathleen Battle and Wynton Marsalis
  3. Jann Arden – Cherry Popsicle
  4. Pride (In the Name of Love) – U2
  5. No Place to Hide – Allison Kraus and Union Station
  6. Hibernia – Michael W. Smith
  7. Gloria (John Rutter) – John Rutter Chorus and Brass Ensemble
  8. The Last Testament of Angus Shane – Lost Dogs
  9. Better Than – Vineyard CafĂ©
  10. I’ll String Along with You - Diana Krall

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great 10. I love Harry Connick Jr. and Diana Krall.