Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Final

I'm excited about this Sunday. Jim and Liz Sedore, Covenant Missionaries heading over to Mongolia, are sharing in the service at Lakebay. They have a fun story, how they finished out careers here in the States and then decided to do something rather than just retire and play golf. And they're good people, too. So if you're in the area, stop by and hear what God is doing in Mongolia.

It's also the 3rd week in a row that I haven't had to prepare a sermon, which has been a refreshing break. With the extra time I've been preparing the next sermon series, which promises to be a lot of fun. Stay tuned for that one. . .
+++++++++++++++

I've also spent the last week redesigning Lakebay's website. It's not finished, but it's better than it was. Before, I was using the website as both a place to welcome new people, and a place to keep our people informed of all that's going on. For now, I've gone with the single focus of letting new people know about our church - meaning I don't have to update news and calendar information all the time. Let me know what you think.
+++++++++++++++

Friday Random 10

I wish I understood this randomness better. How 5 weeks in a row I get no Derek Webb, and then he shows up twice in one week. Sometimes it doesn't seem so random. #1 is sort of an Irish Rock-slash-jig talking about the Party that is Heaven. #2 is one of my favorite John Denver songs, and one of the better ones he wrote in his last years. #9 is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. We played it at Azusa, and I can honestly say it's one of the most difficult trumpet pieces I've performed. And #10 is going to be sung at Lakebay in November.

  1. Party Goin’ On Upstairs – The Electrics
  2. For You – John Denver
  3. Wedding Dress – Derek Webb
  4. Vivaldi - The Seasons: Autumn: 1. Allegro – Itzhak Perlman
  5. Thumbelina – George Winston
  6. You Will By My Ain True Love – Alison Krauss and Sting
  7. Kindness – Chris Tomlin
  8. She Must and Shall Go Free – Derek Webb
  9. Rutter: Gloria for Chorus and Brass: Domine Deus
  10. When the Roll is Called Up Yonder – Mars Hill Music

1 comment:

Kim said...

Just wanted to say - I tagged you again. :-) Just trying to be a blessing...
http://kimaliczi.blogspot.com/2007/09/lets-play-tag-thanks-ted.html