Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hmm. I've been tagged.

Just when I thought I was free and clear, Kim had to go and tag me. I had nothing else to say today, so I guess this is it.

Rules of this tag:
1. Name the person with link who tagged you.
2. Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions.
3. Tag 6 or more people.

Q1. Are you happy/ satisfied with your blog, with its content and look?
Yes. Well, pretty much. I'm growing a little tired of the pale orange, though. May have to change that sometime.

Q2. Does your family know about your blog?
Yes. At least my wife, my parents, and my sister do.

Q3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
First of all, that question doesn't make sense. It's missing a word or two. But to the original question, no. I am not embarrassed about it. In fact, I link it off our church website and I hope more people show up to read it.

Q4. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
Most of the time. I learn a lot about other people because of their blogs, and their response to mine. Of course, a few have reacted negatively to this blog over the years, and have attacked me unfairly, so I wouldn't say my thoughts changed positively in those instances. But I would say I'm a better person for being in the blog-o-sphere.

Q5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
Sometimes if I have the time I go out exploring, jumping from one blog to the next through their links.

Q6. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?
Again, what's with the grammar here? To answer the question literally, "Visitors Counter" means a little device people put into their blogs in order to track how many people are visiting their blogs. I use Google analytics to track the number of visitors I receive.

Q7. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
Most of the ones I read I know already, so I don't have to imagine. As to the rest? I don't have that good of an imagination.

Q8. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
There can be a benefit to blogging. And some blogs are very beneficial. Mine helps people in our church know what I'm thinking, it keeps my parents informed about the lives of their grandkids. I've learned a lot about the world through other blogs. But many, say, the celebrity blogs, and the blogs of every kid between the ages of 12-19, and the blogs on myspace and facebook, and 99% of xanga are a complete waste of time.

Q9. Do you think that bloggers’ society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
Yes, and yes.

Q10. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing?
No, and yes. Depending, of course, on the spirit in which it is given. Mean-spirited criticism annoys me. But helpful criticism is necessary and useful.

Q11. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I fear nothing, and avoid nothing out of fear.

Q12. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
No. Especially if you are talking about Chinese and North Korean bloggers. Am I saddened by it? Absolutely. Do I think it's wrong? Yes. But am I shocked? No.

Q13. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
No. I figure it will live on and cause one of my descendants to lose an election someday. "But isn't it true that your great-great grandfather once said in his blog that he thinks 99% of xanga is a waste of time? Scandalous!"

Q14. What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to, in your blog?
I like to hear the laughter of my children, the scream of an eagle overhead, the wind in the maple tree out my window, the song of God's people in worship, the saddenly-sweet twang of a steel guitar, the roar of the waterfall, and my wife saying "dinner's ready!" I would never link a song to my blog, because I'm annoyed when I go to other blogs and suddenly have their music overpowering whatever I might be enjoying at the moment.

So let's tag a couple people, just to see if they still even read this blog:
- Russ
- Cheryl
- Diana
- Brad
- Susan
- Chelsea



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if I read your blog & was tagged, but I don't have six people to tag myself? Can I answer the questions & tag strangers? Can I make people up? Can I tag the same person 6 times? (Susan) After all, rules are made to be broken right?

Brad Boydston said...

I'm still reading!!! But I'm going to pass on the tag -- no energy for it right now. Hopefully, this won't bring me bad luck or something.