Sunday, September 23, 2007

Just Good

I once asked Don Robinson if there actually were any healthy churches out there.

So let me leave you with this:
- Sunday School began with a bang this morning. Excitement. Anticipation. Kids laughing and teachers energized. 14 kids in my confirmation group.
- 2 sons, recently returned from Iraq, in worship this morning.
- At this point of the year we're about $10,000 in the black for the year.
- An anonymous $1000 to our food outreach, who had just told me they were out of money and couldn't afford to hand out holiday baskets.
- Worship this morning was truly beautiful and sweet. Lots of participation, a wonderful spirit.
- Visitor flow remains strong.
- Our nominating committee is working on candidates for next year's board, and I am amazed at the quality of the people we get to choose from. God has the right people in the right places.
- People are praying. Ministries are growing. People are serving.

In other words, yes - there are healthy churches out there. And I am blessed beyond measure to be able to pastor one of them.

See you next week.

No comments: