Tuesday, September 04, 2007

technical question

If you've tried to post here, you know I have that "word verification" thingy, to keep spammers off the blog. When you go to post something, you're given a bunch of mixed-up letters, and you have to re-enter them in the box before it lets you post.

So, every time I go to post, I put the letters in the box, exactly as written, but it comes back with an error message, instructing me to "Enter the letters as they are shown in the image." I do so, and then it works fine. It always rejects the first attempt and accepts the second. Any idea why this happens?

(see? It just happened again. . .)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why it happens, but I have the same problem w/ the Whitmarsh page. Whenever I try to update it I have to enter the silly little squiggles twice. I think it's kinda like a flash site - you have to click twice to accomplish anything. If I figure it out I'll let you know! (Susan)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

The same thing happens to me, and I don't know why. I've just sort of accepted it as the "way" of things and I don't ask questions, lest I upset the blogging gods and risk losing all ability to comment... ;)