Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Various and Assundry Items

Seattle is about to get a new streetcar line, courtesy of Paul Allen, in the South Lake Union district. I'll be glad when it's finished, because all the construction makes it that much more difficult to get to Whole Foods.

The rumor is that it was originally going to be called the South Lake Union Trolley. Until someone finally figured out what that acronym would spell. So now it's the South Lake Union Streetcar. . .but people seem to find the original more humorous, so the locals are running with it. Just one of those Seattle things.
+++++++++++++++++
Just after I joyfully linked to the Holy Observer (see below), Scot McKnight has to go and blog about satire. His quote: "A steady diet of satire is soul-destroying. . .You cannot possibly live by the Jesus Creed and turn your focus to satire. . ."

The thing is, he's probably right. But I'm not quite ready to give it up yet. Let me get back to you.
+++++++++++++++++
In the meantime, I'm pondering a little blog post under the title "Is Fundamentalism a Sin?" I hope to get it out later this week.

No comments: