Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Random 10

(first a schedule note - I'll be at the Pastor's Fall Retreat at Cascade's Camp next Mon-Wed, so if this place is a little quiet don't worry about me. I'll be back)

Here's the Random 10. Did I ever tell you I met Jennifer Knapp once in Oregon? She was honest and approachable. Plus she is a mean lyricist - her songs like to reach out and grab you. #5 is from that wonderful "Symphony Sessions," which I love, but which also always takes me back to that time 20 years ago when I was cold and depressed on the Canadian Prairies. Do you know Jolie Holland (#9)? You should. A lot of interesting experimental stuff, but with a solid musical core. Much better than Bjork (hi Roshni!). She actually uses a saw in one song. And the bonus? Yeah, I used to play that one back in my APU days.


  1. Hallelujahs – Chris Rice
  2. Vivaldi: Domine Deus, from “Gloria” – Cecilia Bartoli
  3. No One Knows His Name – David Wilcox
  4. Lay it Down – Jennifer Knapp
  5. Time Passing – David Foster
  6. Scarlatti: Su Le Sponde Del Tebro – Kathleen Battle and Wynton Marsalis
  7. Raise Up the Crown (All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name) – Chris Tomlin
  8. We Shall Overcome – Bruce Springsteen
  9. Faded Coat of Blue – Jolie Holland
  10. Sweet, Sweet Song of Salvation – Rebecca St. James
Bonus

I’ll Fly Away –
Azusa Pacific University Choir and Orchestra

2 comments:

MilePost13 said...

Mad props if you know off the top of your head who wrote that song that Rebecca St. James sang on your list...

roshni said...

hey! you start insulting bjork, you'll start losing friends!