Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday link page

Good article about Mike Holmgren in this morning's Seattle P-I. Lets the rest of the world see the Mike all us Covenanters know and love.
_________

Former Washington Governor Booth Gardner has started the push to make physician-assisted suicide legal here in the state of Washington. The liberal bent of this state would seem to imply easy passage of such a bill. Yet this morning, the (usually) left-leaning Seattle P-I contained a good rebuttal, calling it a "last selfish act." I'm sure it's bringing out the shouters and ranters, but I found that Connelly got to the heart of it, hitting the proverbial nail on the head. It's as much about the community as it is the individual.

_________

We have a new restaurant out our way. El Sombrero opened up a couple weeks ago in Key Center. As you may have guessed by the name, it features Mexican food, something about which the Whitmarsh family knows more than a little. I've been there twice this week - once, with Karina to do a photo shoot for the KP News, and for lunch yesterday with Joseph. And I recommend it highly. Glad to have another option for dining out, as it saves the trip into Gig Harbor or Tacoma.

__________

Ron and Cathlee are suggesting I go to Austin in April for the Transforming Culture Conference. I must say I am tempted. The theme revolves around worship, art, culture, pastors, and ministry. Plus, they promise me I could get up close and personal with Luci Shaw.

No comments: