Friday, February 29, 2008

All I Really Want

is a clean, uncluttered workspace. An open space in which to read, to ponder, to pray, to study. A space free of distractions and piles, a space conducive to relaxation, to rest, to stillness in which I might hear the Lord speak.

But I have kids. And they stop by the office sometimes. And they write me notes that they stick up on walls. And they pull the books off my shelf, and play with the toys I have on display. They drop cookie crumbs all over my carpet. They make messes.

Let's face it. Kids are distracting.

But I suppose it's a good trade-off, in the end.

Especially on those days when God decides to speak through your kids, rather than in spite of them.

Have a good Leap Day, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could send those kids down to me for a few days! I'd gladly take them off your hands - for a little while. (Susan)