Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Good Stuff and Good Stuff

Last night was Eugene Peterson, telling three stories of artists who have impacted his life, and how they intersect with artists and crafts-persons in the Bible. Yesterday afternoon I met John Wilson, editor-in-chief for Books and Culture Magazine. This afternoon I sat in Luci Shaw's seminar, and had a lovely chat with her both before and after.

Dinner tonight was Texas BBQ. And later we're meeting up with old Upland friend David Clucas.

I'm beginning to wish a lot of people I knew were here. Too much to digest and process and ponder and be challenged by. . .

As far as I know, we're the only Covenanters here, and I'm wishing we had stronger representation. I think a lot of good could come out of the discussions being had in this symposium. I also wish I had 10 more Lakebay people here, so they could get some of the same message. Good, powerful, mind-changing. A vision for re-awakening a heart for art as an expression of God's creativity and our worship; a multitude of sights and sounds and textures and tastes and smells, all for the glory of God. Wondering how to have a place in bringing it to reality in our world. So much to think about, so much to do.

Luci Shaw

No comments: