Thursday, May 22, 2008

Short Rant for the Day

Why do publishing companies keep trying to sell us stuff through pre-consignment? You know the deal - they ship it to us "free of charge!" and we only have to preview it for 30 days, and ship it back if we don't like it. Only the bills start showing up the day after the product. . .and it's all a big hassle to preview, repackage, and mail back. Don't they know how irritating the whole spiel is? And lately, even if I tell them we're not interested, they try all the harder to make the sell. "What could be easier? It won't cost you anything!" A few weeks ago I said "I don't make those decisions," and the man (in the ever-present southern accent) said "But you're the pastor!" The tone in his voice added "what kind of loser pastor doesn't make the final decisions on everything?"

I'm getting ready to start hanging up on people, rather than listening to the whole song and dance, only to say "no" and then have to explain myself over and over again.

Suggestion to these people - just put your stuff on your website and point me there. It will save us all a lot of time and trouble and money.

There. I feel better now.

No comments: