Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mine eyes have seen the glory

Just a quick personal note, for those of you who consider yourself family or friends. . .

On Monday morning I'm going in to meet with my ophthalmologist in Seattle. If all goes well, we're going to schedule a corneal transplant near the end of October. I'm not looking forward to facing eye surgery, but I am looking forward to being able to see a little more normally.

As it is, the new contact I got a few months ago isn't really working, and if we didn't do surgery, it would probably be another 4-month process with multiple trips to the doctor, multiple attempts with different lenses, all to find one that would work for another year or two. At this point, surgery seems a lot better option.

I'll let you know more, after Monday.

In the meantime, my sister broke her foot yesterday, while at the hospital for a meeting, no less. And my brother totaled his car in an accident last week. So it's an adventurous couple weeks for us all.

1 comment:

Beth B said...

You're in my prayers, Dan.