Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How the day goes

First order of business: Get out of bed.
Second order of business: Get food in stomach.
Third order of business: Take pain medication.
Fourth order of business: Clean off wound.
Fifth order of business: Apply eye drops.
Sixth order of business: Blog about it all.
Seventh order of business: Go back to bed.

I did get in a couple of movies yesterday - Iron Man (note: sfx-laden movies don't work so well when you can only see out of one eye) and Grace is Gone, a Jon Cusack movie about a father attempting to tell his two daughters that their mother was killed in Iraq. It was a tender, understated yet powerful movie. I had tears in my eyes. . .but then again, that may have just been because I have stitches in my eye, too.

As a quick follow-up, I go back to see Dr. Rotkis next Tuesday, and he'll let us know if everything is still healing up nicely.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hang in there Dan. Still praying for you.

Saw Iron Man the other night. Good flick.

Ann said...

Glad to see your patched up face -- our family is continuing to pray for your complete healing!

Blessings!
Ann et al