Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lakebay people are Hearty People, so the show will go on

In spite of the foot of snow outside, we're not canceling church tomorrow. Since it's a 5-minute walk for me, I really have no excuse not to be there. But. . .

I have given my official pastoral permission for anybody else to stay home, safe and warm. I don't want to encourage anybody to head out early in the morning, putting themselves in danger just to come keep me company. I have no doubt 5 or so others will come, and that we'll sing some carols and read some scriptures and worship God and drink a lot of coffee. But for those who have to drive far, or down (or up) steep hills - STAY HOME! Unless you have a Jeep. Then, as I can personally attest, it's actually kinda fun out there.

For those staying home, I encourage you to spend some personal or family time with the Lord - what a wonderful opportunity to 'cozy up with God,' having some truly quiet time in prayer and scripture.

If you need a suggestion, these are the lectionary texts for tomorrow:

2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16

Psalm 89:1-4, 19-26

Romans 16:25-27

Luke 1:26-38

Stay tuned for further word on our Christmas Eve Service. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dan im watching the seahawks game and there is a flaky white substance all over the field and falling from the sky. i am told that this is "snow". just a little FYI

-glenn