Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Seriously Out of It

I was looking over the nominees for the 2009 Academy Awards.

Actor in a leading role - I haven't seen any of these movies. I don't even know who a couple of these guys are.

Actor in a supporting role - I haven't seen any of these movies. At least I know who 4/5 of these guys are.

Actress in a leading role - Finally! I've seen one of these: Rachel Getting Married. Of course, I didn't plan on seeing it; I just happened to be at the right place and time to get invited to a free showing. And I wasn't all that impressed. Hathaway's nominated for an Oscar for that performance? The pickings must be slim this year.

Actress in a supporting role - Again, haven't seen any. Don't even know who three of these women are.

Animated Feature film - now we've struck gold. I've actually seen two of the three. Wall-E would get my vote.

But then things get back to normal. Work your way down that list, and I pretty much haven't seen any of 'em.

On the other hand, thanks to netflix, we've been watching a lot of BBC television lately. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree on Wall-E. And I haven't seen any of the movies either. (Susan)

Anonymous said...

BBC televsion ... check out Bleak House ... BBC just put out a DVD version here in North America ... it's great.

Steve Menshenfriend