Monday, April 20, 2009

A long week

I think I'm going to take a break here. The sun is shining and the air is warm, and I need to get out there and enjoy it.

Also. . .this afternoon I'm leading a funeral for a 14-month-old boy who died last week; apparently a SIDS case, although they don't know that for sure yet.

A couple hospital visits to make tomorrow or Wednesday morning,

then off to Oregon for the NPC Annual Meeting. I get to hang out with my sister and a couple old friends, as well, so I'm looking forward to the quick trip.

But then it's back, and sometime over the weekend a graveside memorial for a child who died before it was born.

Plus all the 'normal' stuff of writing sermons and preparing for Confirmation and orchestra practice. Life is full, life is deep and painful.

So forgive me if this place stays silent for a few days. I need the space in life to attend to other things.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Prayers being said for you and the families who lost children, how terribly sad.