Friday, July 24, 2009

Missing My Destination

Seems a Doubles Day. We begin with the same song done by two master artists (personally, I prefer the David Wilcox rendition). Then two states. The Stringdusters show up twice, Counting Crows doubles up, as does Emmylou Harris.

I've felt for a long time that Mrs. Potter's Lullaby is a lyrical masterpiece. "If you've never stared off in the distance than your life is a shame." and "You can see a million miles tonight, but you can't get very far." Yep. I like this set today.

Missing You - Alison Krauss and John Waite
Missing You - David Wilcox
Mississippi - Dixie Chicks
Montana - Peter Ostroushko
Moon Man - Infamous Stringdusters
More of It - Leigh Nash
Motion - Plumb
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
Mrs. Potter's Lullaby - Counting Crows
My Antonia - Emmylou Harris and Dave Matthews
My Baby Needs a Shepherd - Emmylou Harris
My Destination - Infamous Stringdusters

No comments: