Saturday, August 01, 2009

Bike Ride Report

Route: Southern Key Peninsula, with a side trip to the beach at Penrose and a loop through the campground.
Distance: 10.2 miles
Time: 59 minutes

Number of piles of rubbish dumped along the road: 3 (one pile of televisions, one pile of whiskey bottles, one camper shell)
Number of times the chain came off the sprocket: 1
Number of really long, hot, sun-blistered hills: 6
Number of chipmunks running across the road: 3 (unless one was stalking me)
Number of arts/music festivals passed along the way: 1
Number of fortunate people enjoying the sunshine and water at Penrose Point: a lot
Number of times I couldn't get my foot out of the pedal clip, causing me to fall flat on my face in front of the fortunate people enjoying the sunshine and water at Penrose Point: 1

No comments: