Sunday, November 08, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

I'm heading off to Colorado tomorrow, to join with the planning committee of Feast 2011. The Feast is the Covenant's once-every-three-years family camp, always preceding the denominational annual meeting. In 2011, it will be held at the YMCA of the Rockies, so that's where we're gathering for this first planning meeting. It's always a blessing to be a part of these things, meeting and hanging out with other good Covenant people, enjoying the excitement of anticipating the many ways God's going to use this group and these plans to touch people's lives. I think I know about 1/2 of the team already, and look forward to meeting the rest.

Before all is said and done, I get to spend a night with a friend and former youth group member, now living in Denver as well. So, really, this should be a good week.

Except for this little head cold, and the prospect of leaving Karina home with two sick kids. So if you get a chance to pray for all of us. . .we'd appreciate it.

In the meantime, they tell me there's wireless internet up there in the Rockies (what would John Denver have said about that?) so expect some updates from there.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I am envious. I love Colorado and think it is one of the most beautiful states we have.
God speed, and I'll be praying for your sweet babies.