Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Denver

I've been in Denver this week for the annual Covenant Midwinter Conference. And I'm having a good time.

Each Midwinter is different for me; some have been about encouragement, some about growing and learning, some about worship. This one seems to have been all about connecting. Beginning with the plane flight out, it's been one good conversation after another.

Of course, that first conversation definitely rates as memorable; Doug and I sat next to a woman who practices acutonic therapy - acupuncture using sound instead of needles. She rings a planetary gong and reads your spirit, and then applies sound to release healing and realign your body and soul with the positive energy of the universe. Or something along those lines, anyway.

Since then I've sat and talked with old friends from California and Oregon, connected with a few missionaries we know; tonight I enjoyed coffee with Dale Kuehne, author of Sex and the IWorld, a book I reviewed not long ago on this blog. After that, I went to dinner with the youth pastor at Cornerstone, the church I served in California before heading up to Washington. We had a quick meeting of the Feast 2011 team, as well, which got me excited once again for that whole endeavor. Oh - and I've had the joy of meeting face-to-face with a number of people I usually only see online, which is definitely a pleasure.

On the whole, the worship has been rich, and most of the speakers have been encouraging and challenging. Tonight I had the privilege of being one of the communion severs. It was a powerful experience. Even at Lakebay, I hand the elements off to the servers and let them serve, so it's rare that I get to stand and watch face after face pass by, experiencing the risen Christ right in front of me. It was good.

Tomorrow we fly home, stopping briefly in Salt Lake City, a place I've never been. And I hope to resurrect this blog sometime soon upon returning. For now. . .I need to go pack the suitcase.

No comments: