Friday, April 23, 2010

Making the best of things

Turns out North Park Seminary president Jay Phelan was stuck in Stockholm because of the volcano, too. So we met up for lunch yesterday. Which is a little ironic, because he was supposed to be in Seattle at the North Pacific Conference Annual Meeting. Instead, Derek and I got him all to ourselves.

We took the girls swimming yesterday afternoon. Something I noticed in Iceland was true here, as well. No lifeguards. Is that because these countries aren't lawsuit happy like in America? Or do they just not care if people drown? I should also mention the waterslide was concrete. And I broke my kneecaps and my skull going down. Not literally, but you get the idea. That being said, the girls had a lot of fun and we all got some exercise. In addition we've been out seeing the sights; if you check out my twitter, you've read that we got to P.P. Waldenström's grave a couple days ago. Today we're off to the free museum downtown.

Unfortunately, time passes, and now I have to start the process of figuring out whether or not we can get to London next week, or if we have to head home. More phone calls to airlines. . .

No comments: