Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick Update

I had my second eye-cutting-up yesterday morning. If you're following the story, the graft from the transplant I had 2 years ago settled a little off-kilter, so a few months ago the Dr. carved it up, hoping it would flatten itself out. But that didn't work, so he wanted to try it a second time before attempting anything more drastic.

Thankfully, this time around was a lot less painful. It took all of 5 minutes, where last time took half-an-hour. There was some pain, but I was able to take some Advil and sleep most of it off. Today it feels a little raw, but much better.

The doctor was hopeful this time around will do the trick. If so, 4 more weeks and I get set up with contacts and can see again. If not, we go back in for surgery, probably after the first of the year. You can guess which way I'm praying.

It was nice to have a day off today, though. Pretty much resting, but watching the rescue in Chile, too. It's like Christmas over and over again. This world needed some good news.

No comments: