Friday, December 31, 2010

It was a very nice day

According to Douglas Adams, my age is now equivalent to the answer to life, the universe, and everything.



So it stands to be a good year.

And it got off to a nice start. Wrestling with the girls in bed is a good way to wake up. Then off to Marlene's Deli and lunch with my parents. And presents. The girls went off with grandma and grandpa, leaving me alone to play the rest of the day. So I did the most adult thing I could think of, and went to Seattle Center and watched the new Tron movie, in 3-D, at the Imax theater. Yes. Good decision. Good movie.

After the movie it was a stroll a couple blocks over to the Crow for dinner. I had the chicken wrapped in prosciutto. she had the fish. We sat at the chef's bar, a long bar facing the kitchen, and we enjoyed bantering with Steve and his crew all night. He even gave us a sample of the risotto. Heavenly.

About 7:45 I checked the current score of the Holiday Bowl, fully expecting to find UW behind by 3 touchdowns. Surprise. It was almost halftime, and they were up 10-7. So we paid out and hurried back to the car, stopped for some coffee on Capitol Hill, and then drove home, with the game on the radio. Seriously, this is the Huskies. They had to find a way to lose.

But no, a signature win, finalized just as we pulled into the driveway. What a way to end a birthday. Good times, all around. I am blessed in many ways.

Oh, and Susan - as to your presents, I'll cherish them, always. I think.

No comments: