Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ow

Ever had somebody drive an ice pick into your ankle and then twist it around a bit? Neither have I. Nevertheless, that's what my ankle felt like last night. What started as a bit of tightness became agony like I've never felt before. And for no reason that I could see. No injury, no swelling, no rash. Just burning pain.

To make matters worse, the longer it stayed still, the more it hurt. Getting up and walking around a bit lessened the pain. For awhile. Then it came crashing back. So that was last night. Fall asleep for 20 minutes, wake to intense pain, walk around a bit, go back to sleep for 30 minutes. . .and repeat.

I had it looked at today by a professional. He said it didn't fit the symptoms for gout or a blood clot, so he really couldn't say what it is. But he did take some blood for tests, and he did get me some mighty powerful medicines to get me through the next few days.

Oh, and after I iced it most of today, it actually feels a bit better. So maybe it was just one of those unexplainable things that passes with time.

However, if I start speaking in tongues during my sermon tomorrow, it'll probably be the drugs. And if you see me limping around Chicago this week. . .now you know. I was living my own little Misery.

No comments: