Praying with the Church (Confession: I bought it mostly because I'm quoted in it. . .)
The Jesus Creed (A Christianity Today Book of the Year)
Turning to Jesus (I'll admit: I struggled through this one)
A Community Called Atonement (One of the books I recommend most to others)
McKnight's newest book, the Blue Parakeet, is set for release in November. And I have a copy of it on my desk.
So, in the coming weeks, I'll be laying aside some other reading and digging into The Blue Parakeet, offering both a synopsis of the book, as well as my own opinions and thoughts on what McKnight is saying. Should be fun. Feel free to join in the conversation.
_____
On another note, I'm still wading through Atonement for a Sinless Society (see below), but have found that it's a book that takes no prisoners. From the first word he hits the ground running, leaving the reader to breathlessly follow along, hoping to catch up along the way. I like what's he's saying. . .it just takes a lot of time to process it all.
1 comment:
Just wondering if you've finished reading this book, and if so what your thoughts were. I too was on of the "lucky 20" and hope to have my review posted in the next couple days.
Post a Comment